This book provides a comprehensive treatment of the flying qualities of civil and military rotorcraft, covering the theoretical background to the dynamics of helicopter flight, the development of handling criteria and new flight test techniques. The Second Edition has been updated and features a new chapter on degraded flying qualities and extended material providing a holistic approach to flying qualities engineering.
- Helicopter flight dynamics: an introductory tour;
- Modelling helicopter flight dynamics: building a simulation model;
- Modelling helicopter flight dynamics: trim and stability analysis;
- Modelling helicopter flight dynamics: stability under constraint and response analysis;
- Flying qualities: objective assessment and criteria development;
- Flying qualities: subjective assessment and other topics;
- Flying qualities: forms of degradation.