- Explores the impact of humans upon vegetation, animals, soils, water, landforms, and the atmosphere.
- Updated extensively, with many new figures and up-to-date statistics.
- Four completely new chapters explore the ways in which global climate change may have an impact on Earth in the future.
- A new design makes the text even more accessible and easy to use.
Visit [external URL] to access the artwork from the book.
PART I: THE PAST AND PRESENT.
2. The Human Impact on Vegetation.
3. Human Influence on Animals.
4. The Human Impact on the Soil.
5. The Human Impact on the Waters.
6. Human Agency in Geomorphology.
7. The Human Impact on Climate and the Atmosphere.
PART II: THE FUTURE.
9. The Future: Coastal Environments.
10. The Future: Hydrological Impacts.
11. The Future: The Cryosphere.
12. The Future: Drylands.