NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit <a href="[external URL]
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (
1. Long–Term Population Cycles in Human Societies (Peter Turchin).
2. Economic Impacts of Invasive Species in Forests (Past, Present, and Future: Thomas P. Holmes, Juliann E. Aukema, Betsy Von Holle, Andrew Liebhold, and Erin Sills).
3. Understanding and Managing Human Threats to the Coastal Marine Environment (Caitlin M. Craine, Benjamin S. Halpern, Mike W. Beck, and Carrie V. Kappel).
4. A Critical Analysis of Ecosystem Services as a Tool in Conservation Projects: The Possible Perils, the Promises, and the Partnerships (Rebecca L Goldman, and Heather Tallis).
5. Climate Change Adaptation Strategies for Resource Management and Conservation Planning (Joshua J. Lawler).
6. Effects of Air Pollution on Ecosystems and Biological Diversity in the Eastern United States (Gary M. Lovett, Timothy H. Tear, David C. Evers, Stuart E.G. Findlay, B. Jack Cosby, Judy K. Dunscomb, Charles T. Driscoll, and Kathleen C. Weathers).
7. Coral Reefs: Threats and Conservation in an Era of Global Change (Bernhard Riegl, Andy Bruckner, Steven Coles, and Richard E. Dodge).
8. Foodchains in Fresh waters (John L. Sabo, Jacques C. Finlay, and David M. Post).
9. A Predictive Framework to Understand Forest Responses to Global Change (Sean M. McMahon, Michael C. Dietze, Michelle H. Hersh, Emily V. Moran, and James S. Clark).
10. Setting Conservation Priorities (Kerrie A. Wilson, Josie Carwardine, and Hugh P. Possingham).
11. Mapping and Valuing Ecosystem Services as an Approach for Conservation and Natural Resource Management (Heather Tallis and Stephen Polasky).
12. Forest Wildlife Management and Conservation (David B. Lindenmayer).
13. Ecosystem Responses to Community Disassembly (Erika Zavaleta, Jae Pasari, Jonathan Moore, Dan Hernandez, K. Blake Suttle, and Chris Wilmers).
14. Behavioral Indicators for Conserving Mammal Diversity (Douglas W. Morris, Burt P. Kotler, Joel S. Brown, Vijayan Sundararaj, and Som Ale).
15. From Conservation Genetics to Conservation Genomics (Craig R. Primmer).
16. The Endangered Species Act: Science, Policy, and Politics (Michael J. Bean).
Index of Contributors.