There can be few examples for which this cycle of learning and feedback is more economically valuable than the refinement of the internal combustion engine – the prime mover of today′s highly mobile economy.
Based on papers presented at an IMechE seminar, Tribology of Internal Combustion Engines should be read by all those working in the fields of tribology and automotive engine technology.
Topics covered include:
- –Vehicle environmental legislation: past, present, and future
- – Recent developments in piston assemblies
- – Cylinder bore surface finish – its evolution and specification
- – The development of high – stream aluminium tin silicon copper bearing alloys for automotive applications
- Developments in camshaft and follower technology
- Ring zone lubrication: implications for reduced emissions and enhanced engine life
- Automotive lubricants: today′s choices, tomorrow′s possibilities
- The Jaguar AJ–V8 engine