It also provides step–by–step examples in dual US and SI units, leading to the final objective of design analysis, problem solving, diagnosis, and trouble shooting covering: Fundamentals of vibration; Acoustics and structural dynamics; Vibration of structures in quiescent fluids; Vortex–induced vibration; Turbulence–induced vibration; Impact, fatigue, and wear caused by flowinduced vibration; Acoustically induced vibration; Signal analysis and diagnostic techniques.
- The kinematics of vibration and acoustics
- Fundamentals of structural dynamics
- Vortex–induced vibration
- Fluid–elastic instability of tube bundles
- Axial and leakage–flow–induced vibrations
- Impact, fatigue and wear
- Signal analysis and diagnostic techniques