the understanding of systems .
This important and practical book will be of considerable interest to engineers in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, machinery, and other industries where mechatronic design, development, and systems integration are developed or employed. This includes professionals involved in design, research, development, and maintenance of integrated systems. Also students, who can be shown the need for a multi–disciplinary
approach to engineering, especially at the design stage.
- The role of engineering
- The evolution of engineering design
- The need for a systems engineering approach to engineering design
- The enterprise environment for engineering design
- Control and embedded intelligence
- The challenge of idea sourcing
- Case studies.