- Introduction and background
- Structural analysis using pinjointed elements
- Continuum elements (twodimensional, axisymmetric, three-dimensional
- Energy and variational approaches
- Higher order quadratic elements
- Beam, plate, and shell elements
- Practical guidelines for FE applications
- Introduction to nonlinear FE analysis
- Thermal problems
- Examples of FE applications.
This book provides the theoretical background to understanding linear finite element analysis, presents a number of examples to illustrate how practical problems can be analysed using FE software, and provides a firm foundation for readers interested in further, more advanced, non-linear applications.