This volume of papers is vital reading for all those students, practitioners, and professionals operating in the field of product and engineering design and education.
- QAA benchmark statements and Open University design courses
- Design for life–sustainable futures – are we all guilty?
- Sustainability – a design exercise?
- Cabin and passenger environment design for the Airbus A380 – a case study for education
- Using small scale alternative energy equipment as a vehicle for sustainable development study
- Development of concept designs for a disaster relief shelter a student project
- Copying – a constructive process
- Product design education in practise – evaluating the key transition from undergraduate degree to initial industrial position
- Inclusive product design (ethics and sustainability) project teaching, using a major study project as the vehicle
Design is key to innovation and wealth creation – it is, therefore, critical that the issue of Design Education has a forum for debate and dissemination of best practice.