- Basic device physics concepts presented in a simple and concise way.
- All the key technology innovations in detail, including polysilicon emitters, selective implanted collectors, selective and differential SiGe(C) epitaxy, and technology case studies.
- Compact models of bipolar transistors, including Gummel Poon, Mextram and VBIC.
- Overall bipolar technology, device and circuit optimisation.
SiGe Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors is an essential tool for practising process engineers and integrated circuit designers in the semiconductor, optical communications and wireless communications industries. University researchers, scientists and postgraduates students in microelectronics, semiconductors and electronic engineering will find this book an invaluable reference.
Professor Ashburn has worked as an industrial engineer, a consultant and a university professor and has accumulated a wealth of practical knowledge for incorporation in this book.
Physical Constants Properties of Silicon and Silicon–Germanium.
List of Symbols.
2. Basic Bipolar Transistor Theory.
3. Heavy Doping Effects.
4. Second–Order Effects.
5. High–Frequency Performance.
6. Polysilicon Emitters.
7. Properties and Growth of Silicon–Germanium.
8. Silicon–Germanium Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors.
9. Silicon Bipolar Technology.
10. Silicon–Germanium Heterojunction Bipolar Technology.
11. Compact Models of Bipolar Transistors.
12. Optimization of Silicon and Silicon–Germanium Bipolar Technologies.