Phase Lock Loops and Frequency Synthesis :
describes the basic properties of PLLs, emphasizing natural frequency and damping factors.
investigates the theory control system stability.
examines spurious signals in PLL frequency synthesizers, particularly signa–delta types.
discusses individual blocks encountered in PLL systems.
presents practical higher order PLLs and solutions based on the normalized 2nd order forms.
Written by an internationally–recognised expert in the field, this book will prove an essential tool for practising telecommunications engineers developing new systems and components, and professional analog and digital circuit designers. Optical communications engineers, graduate electrical engineering students and researchers will find the practical examples useful.
1. Basic Equations of the PLLs.
2. PLLs of the First and Second Order.
3. PLLs of the Third and Higher Orders.
4. Stability of the PLL Systems.
6. Working Ranges of PLLs.
7. Acquisition of PLLs.
8. Basic Blocks of PLLs.
9. Noise and Time Jitter.
10. Digital PLLs (Sampled Systems).
11. PLLs in Frequency Synthesis.
12. PLLs and Digital Frequency Synthesizers.
Appendix: List of Symbols.