This book comprehensively includes relevant and timely information regarding broadband PLC systems and especially PLC access networks and contributions to the design aspects of broadband PLC access systems and their network components.
- Offers explanations on how broadband PLC networks are realized, what the important characteristics for the transmission on electrical power grids are, and which implementation solutions have been recently considered for the realization of broadband PLC systems.
- Considers various system realizations, disturbance scenarios and their impact the transmission in PLC networks, electro–magnetic compatibility, applied modulation schemes, coding, and error handling methods.
- Pays particular attention to the specifics of the PLC MAC layer and its protocols, as well as the modelling and performance evaluation of broadband PLC networks.
2. PLC in the Telecommunications Access Area.
3. PLC Network Characteristics.
4. Realization of PLC Access Systems.
5. PLC MAC Layer.
6. Performance Evaluation of Reservation MAC Protocols.