Unlike most books, Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing approaches solutions for wireless networks from a computer science perspective, instead of from an engineering standpoint. This allows practitioners and researchers to explore connections between computer science techniques and develop solutions to problems in wireless networks. This book′s treatment consists of reviews of various algorithms and protocols in five main research areas: multiple access schemes, cellular networks, data communication, multi–hop networks, and mobile computing.
Bringing together contributions from an international group of authors, this book presents a host of real–world applications balanced with theory and relevant background material. In addition, each chapter provides summaries of current technologies and trends, as well as direction for further reading. Some covered topics include:
? Security and fraud detection problems
? Design of Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) networks
? Integration of voice and data traffic
? Design issues and other challenges surrounding indoor wireless networks
Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing is the superior reference for practicing engineers in communications and mobile computing. Graduate students and researchers in departments of electrical engineering and computer science will also find this book′s comprehensive material invaluable.
1. Handoff in Wireless Mobile Networks (Q. An Zeng & D. Agrawal).
2. Location Management in Cellular Networks (J. Zhang).
3. Heuristics for Solving Fixed–Channel Assignment Problems (H. Sandalidis & P. Stavroulakis).
4. Channel Assignment and Graph Multicoloring (L. Narayanan).
5. Channel Assignment and Graph Labeling (J. Janssen).
6. Wireless Media Access Control (A. Myers & S. Basagni).
7. Traffic Integration in Personal, Local, and Geographical Wireless Networks(R. Bruno, et al.).
8. Fair Scheduling in Wireless Packet Data Networks (T. Nandagopal & X. Gao).
9. Randomized Initialization protocols for Radio Networks (K. Nakano & S. Olariu).
10. Leader Election Protocols for Radio Networks (K. Nakano & S. Olariu).
11. Data Broadcast (J. Xu, et al.).
12. Ensemble Planning for Digital Audio Broadcasting (A. Gräf & T. McKenney).
13. Transport over Wireless Networks (H. Hsieh & R. Sivakumar).
14. Security and Fraud Detection in Mobile and Wireless Networks (A. Boukerche).
15. Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (S. Giordano).
16. Broadcast Scheduling for TDMA in Wireless Multihop Networks (E. Lloyd).
17. Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and Routing Protocols (Y. Tseng, et al.).
18. Routing with Guaranteed Delivery in Geometric and Wireless Networks (J. Urrutia).
19. Power Optimization in Routing Protocols for Wireless and Mobile Networks (S. Lindsey, et al.).
20. Dominating–Set–Based Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (J. Wu).
21. Location Updates for Efficient Routing in Ad Hoc Networks (I. Stojmenovi).
22. Topological Design, Routing, and Handover in Satellite Networks (A. Ferreira, et al.).
23. Multicasting: From Fixed Networks to Ad Hoc Networks (T. Kunz).
24. Broadcasting in Radio Networks (A. Pelc).
25. Mobile IP Protocols (C. Douligeris & T. Vasilakos).
26. Data Management in Wireless Mobile Environments (S. Gupta & P. Srimani).
27. Mobile, Distributed and Pervasive Computing (M. Barbeau).
28. Indoor Wireless Environments (L. Ramachandran).