The first and only comprehensive resource on IC (Integrated Circuit) socket technology, IC Component Sockets offers a complete overview of socket technology and design in order to provide engineers and their managers with a good understanding of these specialized technologies and the processes for evaluating them. The authors, both acknowledged experts in the field, address all relevant aspects of the subject including materials, design, performance characteristics, failure modes and mechanisms, and qualification and reliability assessment with emphasis on the technology’s inherent advantages and challenges.
Topics of interest include:
- Socket design and contact technologies
- Performance characteristics and material properties
- Contact failure modes and mechanisms
- Qualification testing conditions
- Qualification sequences and setup
- IEEE prediction methodology
- Theoretical calculation of contact reliability
Including a list of standards and specifications, this book is an important and timely resource for today’s electronics engineers concerned with evaluating and perfecting socket design, manufacture, and use.
1. IC Component Socket Overview.
2. Component Socket Properties.
3. IC Component Socket Materials.
4. Component Socket for PTH Packages.
5. Component Sockets for J–Leaded Packages.
6. Component Sockets for Gull–wing Packages.
7. Component Sockets for BGA Packages.
8. Component Sockets for LGA Packages.
9. Failure Modes and Mechanisms.
10. Socket Testing and Qualification.
11. Reliability Assessment.
12. Standards and Specifications.
Appendix A: Terms and Definitions.
Appendix B: Socket Manaufacturers.