Power system restructuring and deregulation is underway on a worldwide scale. The introduction of independent power generators, distributors and brokers has brought new challenges to the task of maintaining a reliable electricity system. Providing practical guidance to the changes ahead, this book details the competitive, regulatory and technological advances redesigning the management of power utility companies.
- State–of–the–art techniques in power industry restructuring including guidance on asset management, transmission balancing and meter management systems.
- International case studies addressing industry–wide problems and presenting practical solutions.
- Tools for the modelling and analysis of competitive power markets.
- Coverage of the environmental impact of industry restructuring.
- Discussion of the costs and benefits associated with deregulation and restructuring.
- Survey of the new strategies and technologies available for electricity generation, transmission and distribution.
An international panel of contributors address the restructuring of the power industry and outline methods for the creation of a successful deregulated market. Power System Restructuring and Deregulation will be an invaluable resource for power system engineers, system operators, managers, planners and policy makers working in the field.
Deregulation of Electric Utilities
Competitive Wholesale Electricity Markets
Distribution in a Deregulated Market
Transmission Expansion in the New Environment
Transmission Open Access
Electric Power Industry Restructuring in China
Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
Information Technology Applications
Application of the Internet to Power System Monitoring and Trading
"... a useful addition to a corporate or university library because of the quality of writing and topics covered..." (The Journal of Energy Literature, Vol. VIII, No. 1, 2002)