- Step–by–step descriptions of the production processes for chip modules, traditional, contactless and dual–interface smart cards.
- Guidance on the choice of materials for use in each smart card component.
- Coverage of all the major reliability testing methods and test criteria for chip modules and smart cards.
- The architecture and functionality of the full range of available smart cards along with outlines of the related standards.
- An examination of future smart card applications and an overview of chips currently on the market.
- Contact details and relevant web sites for all the major smart card manufacturers and materials suppliers.
Function and Structure of a Smart Card.
Card Body for Smart Cards.
Manufacturing Processes for Card Bodies.
Embedding of Chip Modules into Smart Cards.
Production Processes for Smart Cards.
Smart Cards without Chip Modules.
Reliability Tests for Chip Modules and Smart Cards.
Personalization and Mailing of Smart Cards.
New Applications for Smart Cards.