Medical Biofilms provides a comprehensive guide describing the problems that biofilms create. It includes examples, the techniques used to detect biofilms, and how infections involving biofilms are presently controlled and eliminated.
Written by international experts in the field, this book will be essential reading for people in the medical device, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, professionals and students in medicine and dentistry, medical microbiologists and biomaterial scientists.
1. Microbial Biofilms in Medicine (J, Jass, S. Surman and J. Walker).
2. Biofilms Associated with Medical Devices and Implants.
Problems of Biofilms Associated with Medical Devices and Implants (R. Donlan).
Pathogenesis and Detection of Biofilm Formation, on Medical Impants (C. von Eiff and G. Peters).
Control of Biofilms Associated With Implanted Medical Devices (P. Gilbert, et al.).
3. Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation on Tissue Surfaces.
Biofilm–related Infections on Tissue Surfaces (S. Wai, Y. Mizunoe and J. Jass).
Interaction of Biofilms with Tissues (M. Olson, H. Ceri and D. Morck).
Control of Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation on Tissue Surfaces (G. Reid, et al.).
4. Dental Plaque and Bacterial Colonization of Dental Materials.
Dental Plaque and Bacterial Colonization (D. Spratt).
Detection of Microorganisms in Dental Plaque (D. Dymock).
Control of Dental Plaque (R. Sammons).
5. Biofilms Past, Present and Future New Methods and Control Strategies in Medicine (J. Walker, S. Surman and J. Jass).