In this clear and straightforward style, Lein closes the gap between theory and practice, technology and application, principle and plan. Through its scope and uniquely well–balanced content, Integrated Environmental Planning stands as an ideal introduction to environmental planning.
1. The Nature of Planning.
2. Defining the Environmental Approach.
3. Making Plans.
4. Natural Factors in Environmental Planning.
5. Landscape Inventory and Analysis.
6. Natural Hazard Assessment.
7. Environmental Modelling and Simulation.
8. The Decision Support Perspective.
9. Ethics, Conflict and Environmental Planning.
10. The Impact of Change.
His research interests focus on the monitoring of land–use/land–cover change, urban morphology and homeland defense, the integration of remote sensing and geographic information systems in regional planning and environmental impact assessment, and the incorporation of artificial intelligence methods to aid environmental decision making.