In the second edition of this book, the expertise of scientists involved in chemical speciation in various fields have been brought together to provide an overview of the current status of speciation science and indicate how the field may develop in the future.
1. Introduction (A.M. Ure and C.M. Davidson).
PART I: TECHNIQUES FOR SPECIATION.
2. General Strategies for Speciation (Late W.F. Pickering).
3. Direct Methods of Metal Speciation (B.A. Goodman and S.M. Glidewell).
4. Hybrid Methods of Speciation (G.M. Greenway).
5. Predicting Chemical Speciation and Computer Simulation (D.G. Lumsdon and L.J. Evans).
6. Quality Control in Speciation Studies for Environmental Monitoring (ph. Quevauviller).
PART II: Speciation in Compartments of the Environment.
7. Speciation of Metals in the Atmosphere (L.J. Spokes and T.D. Jickells).
8. Speciation in Freshwaters (M. Filella, R.M. Town and J. Buffle).
9. Speciation in Soils (G.S.P. Ritchie and G. Sposito).
10. Chemical Speciation in Soils and Related Materials by Selective Chemical Extraction (A.M. Ure and C.M. Davidson).
11. Speciation of Trace Metals in Sediments (M. Kersten).
12. Speciation in Seawater (R.H. Byrne).
13. Speciation of Radionuclides (B.R. Harvey and K.S. Leonard).
14. Speciation of Metals and Metalloids in Biological Systems (P.H.E. Gardiner).
15. Trends and Developments (R.R. Barefoot).