NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit <a href="[external URL]
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (
Carl D. Schlichting and Timothy A. Mousseau).
Part I. Review and Synthesis.
1. Toward a general theory of adaptive radiation: insights from microbial experimental evolution (Rees Kassen).
2. The evolutionary theory of Cancer (Camille Stephan–Otto Attolini and Franziska Michor).
3. Intralocus sexual conflict (G. Sander van Doorn).
4. Gene flow, invasiveness, and ecological impact of genetically modified crops (Suzanne I. Warwick, Hugh J. Beckie, and Linda M. Hall).
5. The covariance between genetic and environmental influences across ecological gradients: reassessing the evolutionary significance of countergradient and cogradient variation (David O. Conover, Tara A. Duffy, and Lyndie A. Hice).
6. Going adaptive: the saga of antibodies (Nadia Danilova and Chris T. Amemiya).
7. The genetics and ecology of reinforcement: implications for the evolution of prezygotic isolation in sympatry and beyond (Daniel Ortiz–Barrientos, Alicia Grealy, and Patrik Nosil).
Part II. Perspectives.
8. What can asexual lineage age tell us about the maintenance of sex? (Maurine Neiman, Stephanie Meirmans, and Patrick G. Meirmans).
9. Predation on dependent offspring: A review of the consequences for mean expression and phenotypic plasticity in avian life history traits (Thomas E. Martin and James V. Briskie).
An extended synthesis for evolutionary biology (Massimo Pigliucci).