The world’s most comprehensive source of performance data on chemical protective clothing The Performance Index provides industrial hygienists and workplace safety professionals with the most complete, up–to–date, reliable resource for making informed decisions on chemical protective clothing (CPC). Painstakingly compiled and evaluated by internationally recognized experts Krister Forsberg and Lawrence Keith, this new and expanded edition presents virtually all available data on the resistance of CPC to a wide variety of chemicals. Coverage spans test records from manufacturers worldwide, including CPC permeation and degradation data obtained with ASTM methods as well as other regulatory standards. Organized by chemical name and CAS Number, the new edition features:
- Over 10,500 chemical permeation tests more than double the number of the 1989 edition
- An additional 3,000+ chemical degradation tests
- Coverage of 860 chemicals and mixtures 200 more than in the last edition
- Information on more than 350 different types and models of CPC, including gloves, hazmat suits, boots, visors, and more
- Roughly 50,000 data entries on such subjects as test material, thickness, permeation rates, breakthrough times, permeation index numbers, and references twice as many as in the last edition
Also available from Wiley Quick Selection Guide to Chemical Protective Clothing Third Edition by Krister Forsberg and S. Z. Mansdorf 0–471–28797–0 Based on data from the Performance Index, this bestselling guide includes information on 600 chemicals and 16 representative barrier materials used in gloves, suits, and other items of protective clothing. It offers the same recommendations as the excellent and comprehensive Performance Index, yet in a concise, readily accessible format.