Accompanied by supporting material, such as lecture notes and solutions for selected exercises
Each chapter ends with bibliographical notes and a set of exercises
Covers the fundamental models, issues and techniques, and features some of the more advanced topics
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Basic Algorithms in Message-Passing Systems.
3. Leader Election in Rings.
4. Mutual Exclusion in Shared Memory.
5. Fault-Tolerant Consensus.
6. Causality and Time.
PART II: SIMULATIONS.
7. A Formal Model for Simulations.
8. Broadcast and Multicast.
9. Distributed Shared Memory.
10. Fault-Tolerant Simulations of Read/Write Objects.
11. Simulating Synchrony.
12. Improving the Fault Tolerance of Algorithms.
13. Fault-Tolerant Clock Synchronization.
PART III: ADVANCED TOPICS.
15. Wait-Free Simulations of Arbitrary Objects.
16. Problems Solvable in Asynchronous Systems.
17. Solving Consensus in Eventually Stable Systems.