- Digital circuits at the gate and flip-flop levels
- Analysis and design of combinational and sequential circuits
- Microcomputer organization, architecture, and programming concepts
- Design of computer instruction sets, CPU, memory, and I/O
- System design features associated with popular microprocessors from Intel and Motorola
- Future plans in microprocessor development
- An instructor's manual, available upon request
Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design is an essential reference that will provide you with the fundamental tools you need to design typical digital systems.
1. Introduction to Digital Systems.
2. Number Systems and Codes.
3. Boolean Algebra and Digital Logic Gates.
4. Combinational Logic Design.
5. Sequential Logic Design.
6. Microcomputer Architecture, Programming, and System Design Concepts.
7. Design of Computer Instruction Set and the CPU.
8. Memory, I/O, and Parallel Processing.
9. Intel 8086.
10. Motorola MC68000.
11. Intel and Motorola 32- & 64-Bit Microprocessors.
Appendix A: Answers to Selected Problems.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: Motorola 68000 and Support Chips.
Appendix D: 68000 Execution Times.
Appendix E: Intel 8086 and Support Chips.
Appendix F: 8086 Instruction Set Reference Data.
Appendix G: 68000 Instruction Set.
Appendix H: 8086 Instruction Set.
Appendix I: Verilog.
Appendix J: VHDL.