st Century Techniques, Standards, Technologies, and Applications This leading–edge reference is a superb presentation of the latest in telecommunications network management. Co–edited by Salah Aidarous of NEC America and Thomas Plevyak of Bell Atlantic, Telecommunications Network Management Into the 21st Century features original chapters from prominent experts in the field. Thorough and up–to–date, this indispensable book covers the timely application of forward–looking network management techniques, which is the key to fully realizing future information industry capabilities. Key topics covered include:
- Principles of network management
- Network management protocol standards
- Telecommunications management network
- Domestic and international OSI management standards
- The object–oriented approach to integrated network management
- Modeling and simulation in network management
- Knowledge–based network management
- Configuration management
- Fault management
- Network performance management
- Distributed restoration of the transport network
List of Acronyms.
Principles of Network Management (Salah Aidarous and Thomas Plevyak).
A Critical Survey of Network Management Protocol Standards(Yechiam Yemini).
Telecommunications Management Network: Principles, Models, and Applications (Veli Sahin).
Domestic and International Open Systems InterconnectionManagement Standards (Philip A. Johnson).
Applying Object–Oriented Analysis and Design to the Integrations of Network Management Systems (Raymond H. Pyle).
Modeling and Simulation in Network Management (Victor S. Frost).
Knowledge–based Network Management (Kurudi H. Muralidhar).
Configuration Management (Gordon Rainey).
Fault Management (Charles J. Byrne).
Network Performance Management (Subhabrata Bapi Sen).
Distributed Restoration of the Transport Network (Wayne Grover).