- Summary of equations for compressible flow in pipes and at the boundaries
- Measuring the characteristics of valves and turbochargers
- Design of engine gas flow systems
- Case studies of flow in engines
- Noise generation in engines, and silencing techniques
- Future developments.
Design Techniques for Engine Manifolds is aimed at practising engineers and students, who wish to get a good understanding of how wave action in the inlet and exhaust manifolds of reciprocating engines affects the performance of the engine. A variety of numerical techniques are presented in some depth, yet the material is considered from an engineering perspective and the use of specialised mathematical notation has been kept to a minimum.