Guide to European Electric Motors, Drives and Controls is compiled with the help of and benefit from the day–to–day practical experience of electric motor, drives and controls users, manufacturers and suppliers. It is not simply another treatise or textbook on motors although basic theory is comprehensively covered.
Technically advanced and practical information shows users why problems or deficiencies with one design, leads to the use of another. Both electrical power supplies, their associated features and load considerations are covered, together with speed and torque controls systems using the latest solid state technologies.
- Units, preferred numbers and standards
- Electric circuit analysis
- Basic motor theory and components
- Materials used in motors
- Motor loads and mechanical aspects
- Electrical supply systems
- Direct current motors construction and characteristics
- Asynchronous 3–phase motors construction and
- Starting, reversing and braking 3–phase asynchronous motors
- Asynchronous single–phase motors construction and characteristics
- Synchronous motors construction and characteristics
- Control motors construction and characteristics
- Equivalent circuits and performance assessment
- IC classifications
- Motors for potentially hazardous areas and motor cooling systems.