TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Philosophy of, and strategy for, sustainable technologies
- Design principles for sustainable development
- Sustainable manufacturing technologies
- Use of recycling/bio-degradable materials
- Re-use and recycling design and technologies
- Tools for sustainable product design
- Measurement and auditing
- Best practices and case studies
- Impact of emerging legislation
- International trends and future development.
Sustainable development will have a fundamental impact on the engineering community since, through design and manufacture, we are responsible for the use of energy, materials, and processes for the complete product life cycle. This is an essential volume for the bookshelves of those wanting to be well informed about this evolving technology.