- Trends in Viral partnering deals
- Financial deal terms for headline, upfront and royalty by stage of development
- Viral partnering agreement structure
- Viral partnering contract documents
- Top Viral deals by value
- Most active Viral dealmakers
The report takes readers through the comprehensive Viral disease deal trends, key players and top deal values allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms companies are currently entering Viral deals.
The report presents financial deal terms values for Viral deals, where available listing by overall headline values, upfront payments, milestones and royalties enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the value of current deals.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Viral dealmaking trends.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report.
Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Viral dealmaking since 2014 covering trends by year, deal type, stage of development, technology type and therapeutic indication.
Chapter 3 includes an analysis of financial deal terms covering headline value, upfront payment, milestone payments and royalty rates.
Chapter 4 provides a review of the leading Viral deals since 2014. Deals are listed by headline value. The chapter includes the top 25 most active Viral dealmakers, together with a full listing of deals to which they are a party. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 5 provides comprehensive access to Viral deals since 2014 where a deal contract is available, providing the user with direct access to contracts as filed with the SEC regulatory authorities. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive directory of all Viral partnering deals by specific Viral target announced since 2014. The chapter is organized by specific Viral therapeutic target. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided with each report of all Viral partnering deals signed and announced since 2014. The appendices are organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc) and technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Viral partnering and dealmaking since 2014.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Viral technologies and products.
Global Viral Partnering 2014 to 2019 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Viral trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Viral Partnering 2014 to 2019 includes:
- Trends in Viral dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Analysis of Viral deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to hundreds of Viral deal contract documents
- Comprehensive access to over 3500 Viral deal records
- The leading Viral deals by value since 2014
- Most active Viral dealmakers since 2014
- Viral: Common cold, Cytomegalovirus, Ebola, FIV, Foot and mouth disease, Hepatitis A, B, C, D, Herpes simplex, HIV, Influenza, H5N1 (Avian Flu), H1N1 (Swine Flu), Japanese encephalitis, Polio, Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), Zika, plus other viral indications.
- Headline value
- Upfront payment value
- Royalty rate value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Technology type
- Specific therapy indication
The Global Viral Partnering 2014 to 2019 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 1,500 viral deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise viral rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
- In-depth understanding of Viral deal trends since 2014
- Access Viral deal headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Research hundreds of actual contracts between Viral partner companies
- Comprehensive access to over 750 links to actual Viral deals entered into by the world’s biopharma companies
- Indepth review of Viral deals entered into by the top 25 most active dealmakers
- Benchmark the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Identify key terms under which companies partner Viral opportunities
- Uncover companies actively partnering Viral opportunities
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Trends in Viral dealmaking
2.2. Viral partnering over the years
2.3. Viral partnering by deal type
2.4. Viral partnering by industry sector
2.5. Viral partnering by stage of development
2.6. Viral partnering by technology type
2.7. Viral partnering by therapeutic indication
Chapter 3 –Financial deal terms for Viral partnering
3.2. Disclosed financials terms for Viral partnering
3.3. Viral partnering headline values
3.4. Viral deal upfront payments
3.5. Viral deal milestone payments
3.6. Viral royalty rates
Chapter 4 – Leading Viral deals and dealmakers
4.2. Most active in Viral partnering
4.3. List of most active dealmakers in Viral
4.4. Top Viral deals by value
Chapter 5 – Viral contract document directory
5.2. Viral partnering deals where contract document available
Chapter 6 – Viral dealmaking by therapeutic target
6.2. Deals by Viral therapeutic target
Appendix 1 – Directory of Viral deals by company A-Z 2014 to 2019
Appendix 2 – Directory of Viral deals by deal type 2014 to 2019
Appendix 3 – Directory of Viral deals by stage of development 2014 to 2019
Appendix 4 – Directory of Viral deals by technology type 2014 to 2019
- Further reading on dealmaking
- Deal type definitions
Figure 1: Viral partnering since 2014
Figure 2: Viral partnering by deal type since 2014
Figure 3: Viral partnering by industry sector since 2014
Figure 4: Viral partnering by stage of development since 2014
Figure 5: Viral partnering by technology type since 2014
Figure 6: Viral partnering by indication since 2014
Figure 7: Viral deals with a headline value
Figure 8: Viral deals with upfront payment values
Figure 9: Viral deals with milestone payment
Figure 10: Viral deals with royalty rates
Figure 11: Active Viral dealmaking activity– 2014 to 2019
Figure 12: Top Viral deals by value since 2014