This handbook contains comprehensive information on preservatives available from chemical manufacturers and will expedite the material selection process for chemists, formulators and purchasing agents by providing the answers to these questions:
- Is the agent capable of inhibiting the detrimental effects of oxygen, ozone, or microbes to the extent necessary?
- Is the agent's overall physical and chemical attributes compatible with the product or system being protected?
- Can the agent remain stable under storage conditions and for the application requirements?
- Is its safety in production and handling acceptable?
- Does its level of toxicity meet environmental regulations?
- Does it meet cost requirements?
Trade name entries contain detailed information provided by the manufacturers and are cross referenced by chemical composition, application, CAS and EINECS numbers. Generic chemicals that either function as preservatives or are part of the trade name product's composition are also included with extensive monographs. Suppliers of the trade names and chemicals are listed with full contact information.