ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH and SAFETY for Municipal Infrastructure, Land Use and Planning, and Industry
First published in 1958, Salvato′s Environmental Engineering has long been the definitive reference for generations of sanitation and environmental engineers. Approaching its 50th year of continual publication in a rapidly changing field, the Sixth Edition has been fully reworked and reorganized into three separate, succinct volumes to adapt to a more complex and scientifically demanding field with dozens of specializations.
Updated and reviewed by leading experts in the field, this revised edition offers new coverage of industrial solid wastes utilization and disposal, the use of surveying in environmental engineering and land use planning, and environmental assessment. Stressing the practicality and appropriateness of treatment, the Sixth Edition provides realistic solutions for the practicing public health official or environmental engineer.
This volume, Environmental Health and Safety for Municipal Infrastructure, Land Use and Planning, and Industry, Sixth Edition, covers:
- Municipal and industrial waste and pollution including landfills and facility, office and residential sanitation, and air quality
- The environmental health of residential and institutional spaces such as homes and offices, including indoor air quality, sanitation, and the impact of substandard construction techniques
- Land use planning and forensics techniques for investigating repurposed industrial and agricultural land
- Air pollution and noise control
- Surveying and mapping for environmental engineering
Also available:Environmental Engineering, Sixth Edition: Water, Wastewater, Soil and Groundwater Treatment and Remediation 978–0–470–08303–1Environmental Engineering, Sixth Edition: Prevention and Response to Water–, Food–, Soil–, and Airborne Disease and Illness 978–0–470–08304–8
Chapter 1: Industrial Solid Wastes Utilization and Disposal (Salah M. El–Haggar).
Chapter 2: Residential and Institutional Environment (Xudong Yang).
Chapter 3: Solid Waste Managemen (George Tchobanoglous).
Chapter 4: Air Pollution and Noise Control (Robert Jacko and Timothy La Breche).
Chapter 5: Surveying And Mapping for Environmental Engineering (Kurt Bauer).
Chapter 6: Planning and Environmental Assessment (Kurt Bauer).