DVD sold separately) is designed to help teachers or trainers conduct lectures or training sessions on the content of the DVD. The guide follows each section of the DVD, providing succinct summaries of key section content, section review test questions and answers, and test–style questions and answers covering key concepts. Online links are provided to client homework exercises consistent with the therapeutic techniques described and demonstrated on the DVD. References to empirical work supporting the treatments, clinical resource materials, and training opportunities are also cited. The DVD,Companion Workbook, andFacilitator s Guide are designed so that instructors can cover only the content of the DVD or springboard into further coverage of any of the concepts. Optional topics for further discussion, with talking points, are provided in each chapter of theFacilitator s Guide.
Designed to be used in conjunction with the DVD and its Companion Workbook, this guide includes:
- Summary highlights of content shown in the DVD
- Chapter review questions and answers summarizing key concepts
- Test–style questions and answers on selected chapter concepts
- Optional topics for further discussion, with talking points
- Scripts and critiques of the role–played scenarios demonstrating selected aspects of the ESTs
- References to empirical support, clinical resources, and training opportunities for the treatments discussed
- Online links to client homework exercises consistent with the therapeutic techniques described and demonstrated
- Explanations of correct and incorrect answers to the test–style questions from each chapter
- An optional 10–question test for Continuing Education Credit
Chapter 1 What Are the Disruptive Behavior Disorders? 1
Chapter 2 What Are the Six Steps in Building a Treatment Plan? 5
Chapter 3 What Is the Brief History of the Empirically Supported Treatments Movement? 8
Chapter 4 What Are the Identifi ed Empirically Supported Treatments for the Disruptive Behavior Disorders? 13
Chapter 5 How Do You Integrate Empirically Supported Treatments Into Treatment Planning? 31
Chapter 6 What Are Considerations for Relapse Prevention? 52
Closing Remarks and Resources 55
Appendix A A Sample Evidence–Based Treatment Plan for Disruptive Behavior 57
Appendix B Chapter Review Test Questions and Answers Explained 60
Timothy J. Bruce, PhD, is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois, where he also directs medical student education. He is Executive Director of the Center for Evidence–based Mental Health Practices, a state– and federally funded initiative to disseminate evidence–based psychological and pharmacological practices across Illinois.
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr., PhD, is the Series Editor for the best–selling PracticePlanners®. Since 1971, he has provided professional mental health services to both inpatient and outpatient clients. He was the founder and director of Psychological Consultants, a group private practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for twenty–five years. He is the author or co–author of over forty books on Treatment Planning and has conducted training workshops for mental health professionals around the world.