What quickly becomes clear is that even the best businesses are still developing their talent management processes. There are no 'right' answers and different organizations, with different levels of commitment, at different stages of development and in different environments produce different approaches. Developing Executive Talent is a map that lets you compare your organisation's approach with what others are doing in this area. It also grants you a close-up view of alternative processes designed to identify and develop the leaders of tomorrow. By learning from the experience of others you can become an 'educated consumer' of talent management services, and help both your organization and your own career.
With quotations from Heads of Human Resources describing their experiences and concerns, specific tools and processes used by large businesses to identify and manage the leaders of tomorrow, Developing Executive Talent offers the clearest and most coherent picture to date of how leading organizations are tackling this critical business challenge.
1. What is this book about?
2. The importance of talent management for long-term business success.
3. An overview of Talent Management processes
4. Using strategic business objectives to drive Talent Management efforts.
5. Talent management in critical jobs.
6. Managing succession.
7. Talent scouting in the external environment.
8. Systematic processes for identifying future executive talent and assessing potential.
9. Career paths.
10. Developing executive capability.
11. Breaking down silos that are barriers to effective talent management.
12.Talent Management and diversity.
13. Employer branding and talent management.
14. Integrating talent management with other human resource processes.
15. How about exceptional performers?
16. Building support at the top.
17. How do I manage my own career?