The author discusses, in plain English, vital issues, including:
- The generalized option, which encompasses all instruments with convex payoff, including a trader′s potential bonus.
- The techniques for trading exotic options, including binary, barrier, multiasset, and Asian options, as well as methods to take into account the wrinkles of actual, non–bellshaped distributions.
- Market dynamics viewed from the practitioner′s vantage point, including liquidity holes, portfolio insurance, squeezes, fat tails, volatility surface, GARCH, curve evolution, static option replication, correlation instability, Pareto–Levy, regime shifts, autocorrelation of price changes, and the severe flaws in the value at risk method.
- New tools to detect risks, such as higher moment analysis, topography exposure, and nonparametric techniques.
- The path dependence of all options hedged dynamically
Dynamic Hedging is replete with helpful tools, market anecdotes, at–a–glance risk management rules distilling years of market lore, and important definitions. The book contains modules in which the fundamental mathematics of derivatives, such as the Brownian motion, Ito′s lemma, the numeraire paradox, the Girsanov change of measure, and the Feynman–Kac solution are presented in intuitive practitioner′s language.
Dynamic Hedging is an indispensable and definitive reference for market makers, academics, finance students, risk managers, and regulators.
The definitive book on options trading and risk management
"If pricing is a science and hedging is an art, Taleb is a virtuoso." Bruno Dupire, Head of Swaps and Options Research, Paribas Capital Markets
"This is not merely the best book on how options trade, it is the only book." Stan Jonas, Managing Director, FIMAT–Société Générale
"Dynamic Hedging bridges the gap between what the best traders know and what the best scholars can prove." William Margrabe, President, The William Margrabe Group, Inc.
"The most comprehensive, insightful, intuitive work on the subject. It is instrumental for both beginning and experienced traders."
"A tour de force. That rare find, a book of great practical and theoretical value. Taleb successfully bridges the gap between the academic and the real world. Interesting, provocative, well written. Each chapter worth a fortune to any current or prospective derivatives trader." Victor Niederhoffer, Chairman, Niederhoffer Investments
MARKETS, INSTRUMENTS, PEOPLE.
The Generalized Option.
Liquidity and Liquidity Holes.
Volatility and Correlation.
MEASURING OPTION RISKS.
Gamma and Shadow Gamma.
Theta and Minor Greeks.
Fungibility, Convergence, and Stacking.
Bucketing and Topography.
Beware the Distribution.
TRADING AND HEDGING EXOTIC OPTIONS.
Binary Options: European Style.
Compound, Choosers, and Higher Order Options.
Risk Neutrality Explained.
Correlation Triangles: A Graphical Case Study.
Probabilistic Rankings in Arbitrage.