Getting Started in Personal and Executive Coaching offers a go–to reference designed to help every mental health professional build, manage, and sustain a thriving coaching practice. Packed with hundreds of proven strategies and techniques, this nuts–and–bolts guide covers all aspects of the coaching business with step–by–step instructions and real–world illustrations that prepare you for every phase of starting your own coaching business.
This single, reliable book offers straightforward advice and tools for running a successful practice, including:
- Seven tools for making a great first impression
- Fifteen strategies for landing ten paying clients
- Seven secrets of highly successful coaches
- Ten marketing mistakes to avoid
Complete with sample business and marketing plans and worksheets for setting rates and managing revenue, Getting Started in Personal and Executive Coaching identifies the fifteen biggest moneymaking markets to target and offers valuable recommendations for financing that get the most impact and mileage from every budget. Quick "Action Steps" for applying ideas and techniques make this book useful right away.
Get started in coaching today!
1. Decisions, Decisions . . . Personal Coaching or Business Coaching?
2. Target Your Market or Waste Your Time.
3. The 12 Largest Markets Where Coaches Are Making Money Right Now.
4. It Takes Money to Make Money: Financing Your Business.
5. What to Buy on a Budget: Creating Your Financial Plan.
6. Building a Successful Business Requires a Solid Plan.
7. You Only Get One Chance: Seven Tools for Making a Great First Impression.
8. Relationships and Referrals: Networking, Strategic Referral Partners, and Centers of Influence.
15 Key Strategies for Finding Your First 10 Clients.
10. Why Most Marketing Fails: The Top 10 Marketing Mistakes Beginning Coaches Make.
11. From Counseling to Coaching: Constructing a Connection, Bridging the Gap, and Defining the Differences.
12. Harnessing the Power of Internet Marketing, E–zines, and Web Sites.
13. The Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Coaches.
CHRIS E. STOUT, Psyd, MBA, is a licensed clinical psychologist and serves as Illinois’s first Chief of Psychological Services for the Department of Human Services/Office of Mental Health. He has published or presented more than 300 papers and twenty–nine books and manuals on various topics in psychology and mental health.