"A superb book on a subject of increasing consequence to rapidly growing numbers of Americans."
Steve Forbes, President, CEO, and Editor in Chief, Forbes
Take the advice of some of the most successful investors Wall Street has ever seen and you will gain a lifetime of priceless investment experience. From the "ten points" Benjamin Graham adhered to when picking value stocks to the simple formula of "bet the jockey, not the horse," created by Georges Doriot, each story carries a different lesson to becoming a better investor. Don’t pass up this opportunity to enhance your investment performance and knowledge by acting on the successes (and avoiding the errors) of the legendary investment professionals covered in this book.
Richard Phalon tells some of the most successful investing stories of all time through the personalities of the participants. The book amuses as it instructs and will help you put tried investment techniques to work.
1. Value Avatar (Benjamin Graham).
2. Value with a Difference (Marty Whitman).
3. Growth Avatar (T. Rowe Price).
4. Extending the Growth Culture (Tom Bailey).
5. Swindle of the Century (Anthony DeAngelis).
6. Investor Beware (A Cautionary Tale).
7. The Richest Woman in the World (Hetty Green).
8. Visit with a Billionairess (Muriel Siebert).
9. The Venture Capital′s Capitalist (Georges Doriot).
10. A Venture of Angels (Paul Bandrowski).
A Note on Sources.