understand securities markets and regulations
deal with brokers and dealers online
become familiar with stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
analyze and determine the value of investments
manage an investment portfolio
The text makes extensive use of online resources, providing a directory of websites at the end of the book, and referring the reader to relevant websites in the end–of–chapter questions. Additionally, Investor Insight boxes use practical examples to illustrate key points for the reader. Accessible to a broad audience, this text is ideal for course use, as well as for investment professionals interested in investing online.
Part I: Getting Started Online:.
1. Understanding the Suitability of Online Investment Recommendations.
2. The Changing Securities Markets and Regulation.
3. Dealing with Brokers and Dealers Online.
Part II: Types of Securities:.
5. Bonds.Debt Securities.
6. Investment Companies and Mutual Funds.
Part III: Making Investment Decisions:.
7. Analyzing Investment Opportunities Online.
8. Interpreting Financial Data.
9. Valuation Models.
10. Portfolio Management.
Directory of Websites.