1. Depression(Dolores Gallagher–Thompson, David W. Coon ).
2. Bereavement(Robert D. Hill, Dale Lund, Ted Packard).
3. Anxiety( Javaid I. Sheikh).
4. Insomnia(Leah Friedman).
5. Sexual Problems, (Diane Morrisette, Antoinette Zeiss, Robert A. Zeiss).
6. Cognitive Impairment(Greer M. Murphy, Jr.).
7. Psychiatric Problems in Nursing Homes(Joel E. Streim).
8. The Impact of Medical Illness on Psychological Well–being(Barbara R. Sommer).
"This book is an impressive collection of chapters written by nationally renowned experts whose involvement in clinical work, research, and training is evident in the personal, practical, and broadly framed approaches to common mental disorders and syndromes. It is replete with rich case material and references to clinical and research experience that enhance its clinical authenticity and authority." (Sara Honn Qualls, chair, Psychology Department and director, Center on Aging, University of Colorado)
"Much useful, practical information is provided in readily accessible form under one set of covers."
"Treating the Elderly provides practical and effective approaches that the therapist can use everyday in practice. There is no other work currently available that can provide this much useful information in such a handy format." (Jerome A. Yesavage, director, Aging Clincial Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine)
"A wonderful, extremely useful guide for therapists and counselors. Chapter authors present insightful, practical guidance for front–line clinicians dealing with such difficult problems as late–life depression and anxiety, suicide, bereavement, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and dementia." (Thomas H. Crook III, president and CEO, Psychologix)