\x09Based on the collective experience of the renowned Delta Consulting Group––experience spanning some fifteen years––Executive Teams is a powerful resource change agents can use to create and maintain senior teams that work. It draws upon change initiatives undertaken at Xerox, Corning, Lucent Technologies, Chase Manhattan Bank and other firms to demonstrate exactly what executive teams are all about and detail the proficiencies CEOs must master to ensure their success. Moreover, Executive Teams explores the elusive dynamics at play within these groups that, if not properly addressed, can seriously jeopardize a company′s well–being.
\x09In addition to the broad conceptual framework it provides, Executive Teams offers a wealth of practice–driven insights and concrete suggestions for applying the knowledge its authors gained through their work with more than 130 top organizations. CEOs will discover answers to such critical questions as "What strategies have other CEOs employed to skillfully lead their teams?" and "How should individual roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships be defined?" Team members will come away with specific ideas for implementing strategy, leading transformations, changing organizational culture, and achieving other directives within their spheres of influence.
\x09In short, the range and depth of professional experience brought to Executive Teams makes it the most comprehensive, practically conceived work on the subject ever written. It′s one reference CEOs, team members, and anyone else concerned with the establishment and ongoing success of executive teams will want to keep readily at hand.
1. Leading Executive Teams
2. Executive team Effectiveness: Teamwork at the Top
3. The World of the CEO
4. Designing CEO and COO Roles
Part Two: Managing the Executive Team
5. The CEO and the Executive Team: Managing the Unique Dynamics and Special Demands
6. Performance on the Executive Team: When to Pull the Trigger
7. The Importance of Trust
8. Recognizing and Resolving Executive Team Conflict
9. The CEO′s Role in Conflict Resolution
10. The Role of Feedback in Executive Team Effectiveness
Part Three: Leading the Organization: The Work of Executive Team Effectiveness
11. The Process of Governance
12. Developing Strategy
13. Leading Strategic Change Teams
14. Creating a High Performance Operating Environment
Conclusion: The Competitive Advantage of Executive Teams