Carol Weisman and Richard I. Goldbaum experts in the field of governance give your nonprofit organization the down–to–earth information and tools needed to make a smooth and successful transition when your Executive Director leaves. The book outlines a seven–step program your Board can use to make an optimal transition that will ensure the continued success of your organization.
Introduction: The Seven Components of Successful Transition Management.
1. Why Executive Directors Leave.
2. Preparing for Executive Transition.
3. Understanding and Managing the Phenomenon of Change.
4. Responding to Executive Transition.
5. Appointing an Interim Executive Director.
6. Recruiting and Screening the New Executive Director.
7. Negotiating, Hiring, and Orienting.
8. The Ingredients of a Successful Board Executive Director Relationship.
Resource A: Example of an Executive Search Agreement.
Resource B: Example of an Executive Search Guarantee.
References and Other Resources.
Richard I. Goldbaum is a principal of Transitions In Leadership, LLC, a management consulting firm providing services for planning and implementing leadership and organizational change. He has twenty–five years of experience as an Executive Director of nonprofit organizations and seven years of consulting experience in executive transition management.