"This book establishes a new standard for real estate authors. Kemp gives her readers delightfully written prose packed with her wealth of experiences. She lays out so many profit-generating (and loss-avoiding) ideas that while reading the manuscript my highlighter never got a rest."
- Gary Eldred, Trump University Professor of Real Estate, coauthor of the bestseller Investing in Real Estate
Real estate isn't just for the rich! And this book proves it. In Flipping Confidential, Kirsten Kemp, the host of TLC's runaway hit show, Property Ladder, gives first-time investors the guidance and inside tips to buy cheap, fix fast, and sell high. With a positive attitude and a healthy dose of humor, Kirsten Kemp walks you through every step of a successful flip--from finding the right house to getting your financing in order, from making big improvements to pricing the home to sell.
If you've ever seen Property Ladder, you know that successfully fixing and flipping a property can be a deeply rewarding experience--both personally and financially--when you do it right. Kemp makes sure you do it right in Flipping Confidential, revealing all the inside knowledge she has amassed as a successful flipper. You'll learn how Kemp became a successful flipper and much more, including how to:
- Get started with little savings or free time
- Find great leads and follow up on them
- Clean up your credit and find financing
- Sign up a great agent, lender, or contractor
- Learn when you can do it yourself, and when to hire a pro
- Keep costs down during renovations
- Set schedules and plan for costs and fees
- Master home staging for higher profits
- Manage mistakes before they become disasters
Real estate is the key to your financial freedom, and flipping is the fastest way to unlock that door. If you want to get out of the office, be your own boss, spend more time with your family, and make a truckload of money in the process, this is the ultimate guide to your new life. The key to financial success isn't a secret, it's Flipping Confidential.
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. My Story.
Chapter 3. Getting Started.
Chapter 4. Assembling Your Team.
Chapter 5. Building a Budget.
Chapter 6. Creating a Time Line.
Chapter 7. Improving the Property.
Chapter 8. Staging your Flip.
Chapter 9. Flip-Flops.
Chapter 10. Adjusting Your Mind-Set.
Chapter 11. Frequently Asked Questions.
Photos of Flips.