Who best to advise on cracking the world's fastest–growing and highest–potential market than those already succeeding there? This was the philosophy behind the book CHINA CEO: Voices of Experience From 20 International Business Leaders. Based on interviews with 20 top executives and eight experienced consultants based in China, the book is packed with first–hand, front–line advice from veterans of the China market:
China–based top executives:
- Dr. Ernst Behrens, president & CEO, Siemens China
- Dominique de Boisseson, chairman & CEO, Alcatel China Investment
- Alan Brown, chairman, Unilever China
- Charles G. Browne, president, Du Pont China Holding Co.
- David Chang, CEO, Philips China Investment Co.
- Jean–Luc Chereau, president, Carrefour China
- Dr. Gary Dirks, group vice president, president, & chief executive, British Petroleum China
- Paul Etchells, president, Coca–Cola China Beverages
- Paolo Gasparrini, president & managing director, L’Oréal China
- Seiichi Kawasaki, director & president, Sony China
- Guy McLeod, president, Airbus China
- Philip Murtaugh, chairman & CEO, General Motors China Group
- Ekkehard Rathgeber, president, Bertelsmann Direct Group Asia
- Volkmar Ruebel, general manager, Hilton Shanghai
- Steve Schneider, chairman & CEO, General Electric China
- Christopher Shaw, president, Eli Lilly China
- Dr. Elmar Stachels, CEO, Bayer Greater China
- Jun Tang, president, Microsoft China Co.
- Stanley Y. F. Wong, chief executive, China, Standard Chartered Bank
- Kenneth C. H. Yu, managing director, 3M China
- Jack Chang, chairman, Quality Brand Protection Committee (QBPC) of the China Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment
- Norman Givant, Shanghai office managing partner, China Practice Group, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer law offices
- Victoria Hine, founding director, LifeLine Shanghai
- Dr. Bryan Huang, senior vice president & president Greater China, BearingPoint
- Simon Keeley, Head of the Hewitt Asia Leadership Center (HALC), Hewitt Associates China
- Gordon Orr, director, Shanghai offices, McKinsey & Company
- Helen Tantau, senior client partner, Korn/Ferry International China
- John Wong, senior vice president and managing director Greater China, The Boston Consulting Group
Each chapter provides practical tips and easy to grasp models that will help new managers in China be more effective. In CHINA CEO, we deliver what other Western authors can't –– first hand reflections based on over 100 years' collective experience in China. The book presents this rich knowledge in a readable, conversational style suitable for time–constrained executives. Chapters give specific advice on how to manage Chinese employees, work with Chinese business partners, communicate with headquarters, face competitors, battle intellectual property rights infringers, win–over Chinese consumers, negotiate with
Introduction: Opportunity and Challenge.
Chapter 1. Qualities of a Successful International Manager in China.
Chapter 2. Managing Chinese Employees.
Chapter 3. Working with Business Partners.
Chapter 4. Communicating with Headquarters.
Chapter 5. Facing Competitors.
Chapter 6. Battling Intellectual Property Rights Infringers.
Chapter 7. Winning Over Chinese Consumers.
Chapter 8. Negotiating with the Chinese Government.
Chapter 9. Living in China.
Chapter 10. Conclusion.
Appendix: Research Methodolgy.