Brenda Bouw s own experiences in buying and selling real estate, and those of other single women she interviewed for the book as well as insights from real estate professionals are built into this informative and entertaining guide. If you are looking at buying a first property, you ll find out about the pitfalls you need to avoid and the necessary steps you must take to make that purchase a success story. If you already own real estate, you might be interested in renovating your house, buying an investment property or even becoming a landlord. Here are some of the key concepts:
- How to tell if you re ready to own your own home
- What to look for in a house
- The role of a real estate agent
- The offer, the deal, the closing and the aftermath
- The dozens of little expenses that you might not be aware of before it s time to pay for them
- What renovations to tackle yourself, and when it s time to call a pro
- How to become a landlord and if you really want to be one
It is a truism that women tend to be more focused, organized and informed when it comes to making major purchases. Home Girl is the perfect book to give you an edge when it comes to understanding the process and negotiating your best deal. From thinking about buying a property, to getting the keys from your lawyer and popping the cork, Home Girl is the perfect companion to have along for the ride.
Chapter 1. Are You Ready?
Chapter 2. The Perfect Agent.
Chapter 3. Location, Location, Location.
Chapter 4. Your Finances.
Chapter 5. Making the Offer.
Chapter 6. They Said Yes! Now What?
Chapter 7. Maybe It′s a "Money Pit" But It′s Your Money Pit.
Chapter 8. Renovate Right.
Chapter 9. Becoming a Landlord.
Chapter 10. Is It Time to Sell?
Chapter 11. Buying a Second Property.
Conclusion: Buy Yourself.
More information about Brenda Bouw andHome Girl: The Single Womens′ Guide to Buying Canadian Real Estate is available at www.brendabouw.com