Eliminate the Chaos at Work increases your business productivity and peace of mind by showing you how to create streamlined information systems, processes and workflows.
Laura's proven 25 techniques are easy to implement, realistic and results oriented. Using these techniques, you can take control over your time and information to create workable systems built to reflect how you think and process information.
Eliminate the Chaos at Work breaks down the everyday organization and productivity challenges you face at work into four areas: time, paper and information management as well as managing all of the stuff in your office. You'll learn effective time and information management techniques including how to:
- Produce logical, user friendly information management systems to ensure information is organized and easily retrievable
- Schedule and manage meetings that aren't total time wasters
- Implement a system to process and follow up on e-mail
- Create an organized e-mail filing structure for easy retrieval
- De-clutter paper files, decide what can be stored, scanned, shredded or recycled
- Learn what paper management system will work best for you and how to create the filing structure
- Use the PAPERS method for maintaining efficient paper management systems
- Determine which task management system is right for your needs and how to manage your tasks and projects daily using the 20-minute rule
- Use the 10-step process to organize the stuff in your office
Imagine working in an office where you feel in control and on top of things, instead of overwhelmed. Setup a comfortable workspace and make yourself and your team's office more productive, supported and in control with Eliminate the Chaos at Work.
Chapter 1 How Long Will It Take?
Chapter 2 Biggest Mistakes.
SECTION I TIME MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 3 Can You Really Manage Time?
Chapter 4 10 of the Biggest Time Wasters at Work and How to Eliminate Them.
Chapter 5 Three Priorities a Day Keep Chaos and Clutter Away.
Chapter 6 Creating an Effective Action Item Task Management System.
Chapter 7 Task Management Applications and How to Use Them.
Chapter 8 Planning Your Day, Week, Month, and Year - Looking Forward and Back.
Chapter 9 Planning and Participating in Productive Meetings.
Chapter 10 Make Time for Time Management Maintenance.
SECTION II PAPER MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 11 Paper Management Systems Defined.
Chapter 12 Eliminate It - Paper to Recycle or Shred Now and in the Near Future.
Chapter 13 Turning Piles into Files.
Chapter 14 Implementing the PAPERS Method.
Chapter 15 More Than Just a Label.
SECTION III ELECTRONIC INFORMATION MANAGEMENT.
Chapter 16 Manage Information Overload.
Chapter 17 Using Naming Conventions and Version Control on Your Computer Files.
Chapter 18 How to Take Control of E-Mail and Implement a System for Tracking and Organization.
Chapter 19 Considerations When Purchasing a Smartphone.
Chapter 20 Tools and Resources.
Chapter 21 Preparing for a Data Disaster.
SECTION IV ORGANIZING THE STUFF.
Chapter 22 The 10-Step Process to Organize Your Work Space or Office.
About the Author.