This is the 147th volume of New Directions for Institutional Research. Always timely and comprehensive, New Directions for Institutional Research. provides planners and administrators in all types of academic institutions with guidelines in such areas as resource coordination, information analysis, program evaluation, and institutional management.
1. The Big Picture: An Overview (Willard C. Hom).
2. A Firsthand Comparison of a System Office to a College Office (Willard C. Hom).
3. We Are Not All Legislated Equally: A National Survey of System Offices for Institutional Research (Willard C. Hom and LeAnn G. Fong–Batkin).
4. Getting Focused Without Cropping the Big Picture: The System Office in California (Willard C. Hom).
5. Turning State Data and Research into Information: An Example from Washington State s Student Achievement Initiative (David Prince, Loretta Seppanen, Deborah Stephen and Carmen Stewart).
6. Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize: Maintaining Priorities in Periods of Transition and Reduction (John Hughes).
7. The Benefits of a Comprehensive, Integrated, and Granular Data System for Community and Technical College Institutional Research (Craig Schoenecker).