INDUSTRY′S GUIDE TO ISO 9000
For manufacturers to compete in today′s highly competitive global marketplace, compliance with ISO 9000 standards has become a necessity. Industry′s Guide to ISO 9000 offers industry practitioners a complete reference guide to achieving compliance as efficiently and painlessly as possible. It focuses on changes at the product development level and on the technical and managerial processes needed to implement them.
Introduces ISO 9000, including audits, documentation, and implementation
- Provides an overview of recent developments in global quality standards
- Emphasizes project management techniques
- Examines the relationship between ISO 9000 and Total Quality Management Industry′s Guide to ISO 9000 is an invaluable reference source for professionals in all functional areas of industry, including engineers, designers, managers, and supervisors.
Astute manufacturers know that consumer behavior has changed drastically in recent years. They know that customers have become much more demanding; and that only high–quality products will survive in today′s competitive marketplace. In the light of these developments, the set of guidelines known as ISO 9000 has emerged as a worldwide standard of quality and customer service.
To help manufacturers achieve compliance with these standards and, therefore, be able to compete globally, Industry′s Guide to ISO 9000 offers a complete reference book for industry practitioners. It emphasizes technical and managerial processes, especially project management techniques, to implement changes at the product development level. Because personnel play a central role in the ISO 9000 standard, Industry′s Guide to ISO 9000 focuses on people–related issues and shows how, with proper management, normally arduous procedures can be made easier for all concerned.
Key features of this exceptional book include:
- Background review of global quality perspectives new definitions of quality, international standards, and the role of leadership
- Introduction to ISO 9000 definition, purpose, implementation, audits, documentation, and more
- An analysis of the relationship between ISO 9000 and Total Quality Management
- ISO quality system requirements, project management, and planning guidelines
- Quality audit techniques, including the types of audit, management review, and sampling strategy
This invaluable reference tool includes appendices with glossaries of international business and quality–related terms, units and measures conversion factors, and sources of further information on ISO 9000.
Practitioners in all functional areas of business and industry industrial and systems engineers, process engineers, designers, R&D managers, plant managers, production supervisors, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers will find Industry′s Guide to ISO 9000 an essential guide to professional success.
Introduction to ISO 9000.
TQM and ISO 9000.
ISO 9001 Quality System Requirements.
ISO 9000 Project Management.
ISO 9000 Planning Guidelines.
Quality Audit Techniques.