- A comprehensive review of structural properties, including density, elasticity, defects, lumber gradings, and use classification
- A straightforward discussion of design methods and criteria stress, strength, design values, loading, bracing, and more
- Extensive material on wood sections, from beam functions, behavior, and design to wood decks and wood columns
- Information based on current industry standards and construction practices
- Many building design examples, plus helpful study aids and references
Equally suited to classroom use or independent study, Simplified Design of Wood Structures, Fifth Edition is a superb resource for aspiring and practicing architects and engineers.
Design Data and Criteria.
Properties of Sections.
Behavior of Beams.
Design of Beams.
Framing Fasteners and Accessories.
Miscellaneous Wood Structure.
Wood Structures for Lateral Bracing.
Building Design Examples.