Your resume is the most important tool you have for getting noticed by potential employers. It s the very cornerstone of a successful job–hunting campaign, and a great resume is the ultimate career booster. With clear step–by–step instructions, expert advice, and a variety of real–world examples, The Resume Kit, Fifth Edition will help you build a resume that gives you a leg up in your climb to the top!
Bestselling career guru Richard Beatty tells you how employers think, what they look for in a candidate, and how to mold your resume to let them know that you have what it takes to succeed. In this revised and updated Fifth Edition, he shares the latest techniques and thinking in resume writing for today s job market. Inside you ll find:
- An easy, step–by–step workbook approach that greatly simplifies resume writing
- More than 80 great model resumes and cover letters to choose from
- Proven guidelines for creating and posting online resumes
- Job–hunting techniques for the information age including listings and descriptions of the 20 best career Web sites for posting your resume
- The common resume–writing myths and the real facts to guide you
- Valuable advice for those with special problems unemployed, recently fired, or too many jobs
- Detailed instructions for preparing the highly popular linear resume format
Packed with road–tested tips, easy–to–follow guidelines, and proven expertise, The Resume Kit, Fifth Edition will do for you what it has done for thousands of other job seekers convince employers to pick up the phone and call you.
2. Fact versus Fiction Exploiting Common Resume Myths.
3. Through the Eyes of the Employment Manager.
4. Preparing to Write.
5. Resume Writing General Comments.
6. The Chronological Resume.
7. Sample Chronological Resumes.
8. The Linear Resume.
9. Sample Linear Resumes.
10. The Functional Resume.
11. Sample Functional Resumes.
12. Problem Resumes.
13. The Electronic Resume.
14. Physical Appearance of the Resume.
15. The Cover Letter.
16. Sample Cover Letters.
17. The Top 50 Executive Search Firms.
18. The Top 20 Internet Career Sites.
The Interview Kit, The
175 High–Impact Cover Letters, 175
How to Write a Resume if You Didn t Go to College, and
The Perfect Cover Letter, all available from Wiley.