If you are an entrepreneur looking for your first investors, or a business owner or CFO seeking a new source of capital, you need to market your company to investors. Here, renowned marketing expert and bestselling author Philip Kotler, along with marketing consultant Hermawan Kartajaya and INSEAD professor S. David Young, offers essential guidance for capital seekers who understand that capital raising has largely moved from a finance function to a marketing function. Accurately identifying your target investor and effectively highlighting the strengths of your business are now critical to securing the support your business needs. From early–stage financing to borrowing money to issuing stock, Attracting Investors shows you how to market yourself and your business to raise funds, and explains why marketing is the key to successful capital raising. This comprehensive book will be essential for small start–ups, as well as established firms looking for new funding sources. The capital game has changed, and Attracting Investors is your guide to the new rules.
Part One: INTRODUCTION.
1. Marketing to Investors and Lenders: What the Capital Markets Want.
2. Raising Capital: An Overview of Your Alternatives.
Part Two: UNDERSTANDING INVESTORS AND LENDERS.
3. Early–Stage Financing: The Role of Business Angels.
4. Private Equity: Unleashing Your Company s Potential Value.
5. Lenders: Raising Funds from Banks and Other Financial Institutions.
Part Three: TOOLS FOR ATTRACTING AND KEEPING INVESTORS AND LENDERS.
6. Strategy: How to Win Investors Mind Share.
7. Tactic: How to Win Investors Market Share.
8. Value: How to Win Investors Heart Share.
Part Four: EPILOGUE.
9. Get Your Marketing Right!