Written at a level appropriate for a BTEC Higher National core module, each of the workbooks is directly linked to the new learning outcomes of the fully revised BTEC syllabus providing the definitive and authoritative coverage for students. The material has been designed to permit a paced progression through each module allowing for the individual learning style of each student, and delivering approximately 80 hours of fully supported learning. Case studies are built into the workbooks.
Section I: Managing People:.
1. Management and leadership.
4. Categories of management style.
5. The culture of organisations.
9. Values and belief.
11. Social influences.
12. Organisational development.
13. Stages in organisational development.
14. Future trends.
15. Team–based organisations.
16. Individual and interpersonal behaviour.
20. Role theory and conflict.
21. Organisational issues.
23. Teams or groups?.
24. Group processes.
25. Stages in the development of teams.
26. Characteristics of teams.
27. Team composition.
28. Conflict resolution.
29. Meetings as aids to decision making.
30. Performance at work.
31. Identifying training needs.
32. Providing training.
33. Reviewing training activities.
34. Individual performance reviews.
35. Discipline and grievance.
36. Support strategies.
Section II: Managing Activities:.
Part I: .
37. Work planning and organisation.
38. Strategies and plans.
39. Planning tools.
40. Effectiveness and efficiency measures.
41. Organisational analysis techniques.
42. Method study.
44. Giving orders.
46. Training and development styles.
47. Team briefing.
50. Identifying constraints and meeting objectives.
51. External influences.
52. Regulatory controls.
54. Managerial roles.
55. Co–ordinating activities.
56. Reviewing and monitoring.
57. Establishing performance standards.
58. Reviewing performance standards.
60. Value analysis.
62. Systems analysis.
63. The impact of new technology.