1. The Quiet Revolution in American Government.
2. The Evolution of Work in Public and Private Bureaucracies.
3. A New Approach to Work: Re–Engineering and the Seamless Organization.
RE–ENGINEERING PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS: PRINCIPLES, STRATEGIES, AND GUIDELINES.
4. Principles of Re–Engineering.
5. Setting the Stage for Re–Engineering.
6. Re–Engineering Step–by–Step.
7. Overcoming Public Sector Constraints.
8. Aligning Systems to Support Seamless Work.
PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER.
9. Re–Engineering Lessons from Two Agencies.
10. Getting Started on Re–Engineering.
Conclusion: Working Without Walls.