1. How to Think About a Board.
2. The Human Potential of a Board.
3. The Structure of the Board.
4. The Board, the Executive, and the Staff.
5. The Operations of the Board.
6. The External Relationships of the Board.
Appendix A: How Many Governing Boards Are There?
Appendix B: Keep Absolutely and Serenely Good Humored.
Appendix C: A Rating Scale for Boards.
Appendix D: From Outer Space to Inner Control.
"This book is an important addition to the still scant literature regarding governing boards and should be required reading for every new board member."